Thursday, November 24, 2011

Christmas Candle Log!



You've probably seen those cute candle holders in the store that are so festive and decorative and then the price tag appears... Oops, not worth the materials right? Well here's a quick, easy and fun fix! I read it somewhere, can't remember where though... but still, can't take all the credit! All you need for this project is a branch or a log of your choosing, a handful of small candles, some small nails and a hammer. Here's it all pre-project!

Now after a week of having a log sitting in the bathtub to melt the snow and then sitting on the bathroom floor, I've finally found a hammer and gotten up enough energy after work to use it. Both roommates, upon seeing the finished project said "I knew you were going to do something with that log!" Apparently they know me too well!

Once you've gathered up your small collection of supplies here's what the deal is! First, place the candles on the log in the approximate place you would like them. Then take the nails and poke holes in the bottom of the candles. Make sure they're big enough that the head of the nail will fit in. Then hammer the nails into the log in the places you decided for the candles! Make sure there's about one third to half the nail sticking out of the log. Then simply place the candle on the nail and Voila! You now have your very own, homemade, festive log!

Yes, I know, my candles are crooked. My eye for detail can be rather sad at times. Also, I recognize the fact that the photos are low quality. I may have found energy to make the decoration but that was about it. No effort went into looking for a pretty place to take the photos :P

Now because this is your own creation you can customize it to your liking! Log size, log shape, candle size, colour, scent, etc. I even contemplated frosting my log with fake snow. However I didn't want to cover up the nice moss it came with naturally so I forewent that option. If you can think of it, try it! It will make it all the more special.

Things to Remember!

WARNING

This log can be and is a
Fire Hazard!
Never leave it burning unsupervised, it is fire
on top of dry wood and therefore highly
flammable. Not a good combination when
left alone. Also watch for wax overflow!

Otherwise, Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment